In a distant land, not so far away. lies a beautiful desert country, full of treasures to explore and winds and waves to ride. On the African continent yet almost in Europe, this coastal destination is quickly becoming respected for its culture, crafts and lovely weather. Not withstanding its consistent winds in summer and cooking waves in winter. With Camels cruising along the beaches, the markets of Marrakesh, the snow of the Atlas Mountains, handmade Berber carpets, and sweet mint tea flowing from high pouring silver teapots, this is amazing Morocco. It’s a step into a world strangely similar to both the past and the future. So pack your boards, your buddies or your gal, and go ride the desert wind and waves.
Kite and Sail
- Best season is summer, from April to October.
- Essaouira is the Spot to base yourself. It has consistent winds and is becoming known as one of the best Kiting and sailing locations in the World.
- It has the full range on offer. From Kite School, Kite and Windsurf rental to world class setups for the pros.
- Cooking beach break set up right in front of your hotel. Bigger surf on southern end and more protected bay just a stroll away.
- Consistent winds blow cross shore from the NW averaging 15 to 25 Knots nearly 80% of the season.
- Variety of spots, from beaches to cooking long reef and beach breaks.
- Most well known: Mogador Beach and Sidi Kaouki, Taghinsa, Moulay
- Short wetsuit or boardies in summer and a full length suit in winter
- Average day temp: summer 30 degrees; winter 24 degrees
Wave riders and Free riders will enjoy the spot! Its possible to launch your kite directly on the beach in front of the centre. At low tide the sea recedes about 150 m. The curved shape of the bay makes kitesurfing quite safe there. If you get dragged out to far, our rescue boat will be there immediately to assist you.
In the summer month the lessons will take place in the mornings when the wind is less strong. The spot is very good for kitesurfing all year round. The windiest time is between April and September. In the summer months, the thermal action accelerates the trade winds till force 7; this creates demanding conditions for kitesurfers.
Tamri: A friendly beach break, suitable for all levels, open to all swells, never goes flat.
Boilers: Fast long, right hand point break, very makeable with a great inside barrel section.
Killers: Famous sand bottomed right hand point break, speed sections, bowl sections and barrels, this wave has it all, 250m rides are common.
Mysteries: A beautiful right hand reef break, very rippable.
Anchor Point: Probably the most famous wave in Morocco, Long mellow walls, suitable for long and shortboarders.
Panoramas Right point: Super friendly for beginners due to the sand bottom.
Devils Rock Peaky beachy: Right in front of our village, fun for all levels, enjoy a mint tea after a session at the beachside cafe.
Wednesdays: Drive through the local market to arrive at a mellow left hander or tackle the heavier right hand option.
Spot X’s: Yep there?s loads and we know them all, so if uncrowded waves are your thing book with us now!
Vist or Flickr Gallery